A set of 6 Antique Vintage O.&.E.G. Royal Austria Porcelain Plates, with decorative gold edges and a hand painted floral pattern.
Very rare to find a set of 6 in good condition, all with no chips or cracks, just a little light wear. These are very pretty and could be used for special occasions or for display.
These date from around 1899 -1918.
Each one is back stamped, this mark was used by Oscar and Edgar Gutherz of Altrolau, Bohemia (now Stara Role, Czech Republic) from 1899 to 1918. Oscar Gutherz and Maximilian Marx had started a porcelain decorating business in Altrolau in 1884 with financial backing from Lazarus Straus & Sons, an American importer. Later the company began making porcelain. In 1898 Oscar’s brother, Edgar Gutherz, bought out Marx and joined Oscar in the business, which became known as the Oscar & Edgar Gutherz (O. & E.G.) Royal Austria factory.
Approximate Measurements: 9″ diameter.